At N1 we go to extraordinary lengths to ensure all our food products are of the highest quality and meet the most stringent safety regulations. We achieve this by being both HACCP and ISO 9001 certified – these are internationally recognised, science-based and quality management systems that guarantee the highest standards are adhered to and maintained on an ongoing basis.
While our customers are aware of our safety measures, we felt that in light of COVID-19, we might reassure everyone that the utmost care is taken to ensure our food remains the safest and best quality meat in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
To ensure the highest hygiene standards are met, we are meticulous in our approach:
▪ We have a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) based on the HACCP principles that ensure we provide food that is perfectly safe for human consumption and does not contain any pathogens.
▪ We have a cleaning and sanitation program incorporated into our FSMS which ensures that all areas and equipment are cleaned with SABS approved chemicals.
▪ We have temperature monitoring programs that guarantee that all products are produced and stored at the correct temperatures.
▪ We have a sampling monitoring program which regularly swabs and tests products, equipment, staff hands, water and drains to ensure no harmful pathogens are present.
▪ We have a supplier management program where we constantly monitor that all products received are safe and that they fully comply with the strictest specifications.
▪ We also have a personal hygiene program which regularly trains and monitors all employees to ensure all hygiene measures are implemented and maintained from start to finish.
Rest assured that we always take every precaution to ensure that our products are of the safest and highest quality at all times!
We know this is a challenging and concerning time for everyone and that accurate information is key to navigating this pandemic successfully. To this end, the World Health Organisation and the South African Department of Health are both reliable sources to follow.